What is a financial agreement?
A Financial Agreement, sometimes called a Binding Financial Agreement or Pre-nup, is a legal agreement about what would happen with finances if the relationship were to come to an end.
Agreements can provide that each party keep the assets they currently have, which is often appropriate for relationships later in life. Younger couples who are likely to accumulate assets or have children will usually need a bit more thought and tailoring.
Please contact us for a no obligation tailored quote - contact Adelle at email@example.com or Fiona at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why have an agreement?
Many Australian couples make Agreements before moving in together, before marriage, when they purchase property together, or when repartnering later in life. They are a great way to ensure things will be clear and straightforward if a relationship comes to an end, allowing for an amicable, clean break.
Agreements are often contemplated when one party has assets far exceeding the value of the other’s, and the couple wants to ensure a fair outcome were a separation to occur.
- Use our easy online system to provide the instructions we’ll need
- We’ll call you to talk about the outcomes you seek, and confirm our quote
- We’ll prepare the Agreement for your approval
- Your partner will need independent advice, and we can refer them to a good lawyer at another firm
- Everyone signs the Agreement and the other necessary documents, and we’re done!